Lived Experience Advisory Partners (LEAP) Council
People living with dementia and caregivers/care partners informing research.
The Toronto Dementia Research Alliance (TDRA) Lived Experience Advisory Partners (LEAP) Council was created to bring together people living with dementia, caregivers/care partners, family members, and representatives from community organizations to help integrate the lived experience voice into TDRA’s work.
With meetings taking place four times a year, LEAP members provide input on priority items that are focused and within scope. Some of the goals of this council are to:
- Provide feedback on strategic goals, direction and research led by TDRA
- Help inform community organizations of current dementia research initiatives
- Guide the creation of educational tools intended for research study participants
- Provide a forum for study participants and partners to provide feedback on their experience in a TDRA study
- Sit on TDRA committees and Research Working Groups
Our current LEAP members are listed below.
Lived Experience Advisory Partners Council Chairs
- Ron Beleno
- Chaitali Desai
- Anuroop Duggal
- Alicia Heaver
- Linda Krisman
- Sylvia LaFontaine
- Paul Lea
- Frank Palmer
- Fran Schellenberg
- Cara Sullivan
- Tyler Redublo
- Melissa Hiebert, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
- Amanda Nash, Heart & Stroke
- Connie Putterman, CAMH
- Kari Quinn-Humphrey, Alzheimer Society of Toronto
- Natalie Dren, Research Coordinator, Knowledge Translation
- Dr. Luca Pisterzi, Director, Strategy & Operations
- Brittany Prokop, Research Coordinator
- Winnie Qian, Program Officer
- Dr. Tarek Rajji, Executive Director
Interested in joining the TDRA LEAP Council? For more information, please contact Natalie Dren, Research Coordinator TDRA.