The Toronto Dementia Research Alliance (TDRA) Lived Experience Advisory Partners (LEAP) Council was created to bring together people living with dementia, caregivers/care partners, family members, and representatives from community organizations to help integrate the lived experience voice into TDRA’s work.
With meetings taking place four times a year, LEAP members provide input on priority items that are focused and within scope. Some of the goals of this council are to:
- Provide feedback on strategic goals, direction and research led by TDRA
- Help inform community organizations of current dementia research initiatives
- Guide the creation of educational tools intended for research study participants
- Provide a forum for study participants and partners to provide feedback on their experience in a TDRA study
- Sit on TDRA committees and Research Working Groups
Our current LEAP members are listed below.
Lived Experience Advisory Partners Council Chairs